- Alt text in WordPress is a description you can add to images in web pages to assist blind and visually impaired people using a screen reader.
- You can add alt text to your pictures when you upload them in WordPress through the alt text field in the Attachment Details pane of the media page.
- You can also edit alt text when you insert an image in a WordPress post.
- Alt text in WordPress works best when you follow best practices, including describing your content accurately and using no more than 100 characters.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more…